India A Story
14 DAYS/13 NIGHTS | Nov. 6th to Nov. 20th 2022
The tour is designed by a Master photographer for photographers.
Himalayas to Ganges
Join in on a photography tour to the top of the world MAJESTIC HIMALAYAS & MYSTICAL INDIA. An opportunity to capture the gigantic height of cold desert of the Himalayas and leave footprints on the highest motorable road in the world. Experience the most beautiful part of India ‘Kashmir’. Capture the beautiful heritage of the monuments at Delhi. Soak up the vibes of the oldest spiritual city of the world ‘Varanasi’.
This tour has been designed by Master Photographer Ashok Kochhar who has five decades of visual experience, has more than two dozen ‘private travel coffee table books’ to his credit. He has visited these terrain several times over the last few years. Ashok will lead the entire trip, he is familiar with these locations and visited these terrains four times already in last eight months.
Also the PHOTO TOUR has been designed with utmost care to cover all genre of photography like Landscape, People, Portrait, Street, Architecture, Heritage, night scapes etc.
Lastly the group will be small, six photographers (max.) including Ashok to ensure a rich experience for each individual. Seamless and Top of the line stay and travel arrangements have been made, by our logistics collaborator.
Itinerary at a glance
Nov. 6th - Day 1: Arrival in Delhi
Nov. 7th - Day 2: Delhi – Srinagar (By air)
Nov. 8th - Day 3: Srinagar
Nov. 9th - Day 4: Srinagar
Nov. 10th - Day 5: Srinagar - Lamayuru (By road)
Nov. 11th - Day 6: Lamayuru - Leh - Thiksay Festival (By road)
Nov. 12th - Day 7: Leh - Thiksay festival, Local
Nov. 13th - Day 8: Leh - Khardungla - Nubra - Leh (By road)
Nov. 14th - Day 9: Leh – Delhi ( By air)
Nov. 15th - Day 10: Delhi
Nov. 17th - Day 11: Delhi – Varanasi( By air)
Nov. 18th - Day 12: Varanasi - Sarnath
Nov. 19th - Day 13: Varanasi – Delhi (By air)
Nov. 20th - Day 14: Depart from Delhi
Highlight of the tour
- Leh is known as Little Tibet or the Land of Lamas due to the strong influence of BuddhismThe breathtaking cold desert of Himalayas, is a photographer’s paradise and amazing enough to mesmerise everyone.
- Enjoy old heritage of Monasteries built around 1400AD.
- Photograph the monks while they meditate/ chant
- Cross the highest motorable pass Khardung-La in the world
- Travel to the lesser known and lesser traveled locations
- Dal Lake with its beautiful array of boats
- Dive into colours and hustle of the floating morning Vegetable market
- Spectacular lush green Valleys that offer ample opportunities at Sunrise and Sunset
- Once a walled city known as Shahjahanabad built by Shah Jahan around 1639AD
- Today known for it’s Islamic architecture, street food, shopping, Bazars
- The largest mosque Jama Masjid.
- Witness the architecture and heritage of a bygone era.
- One of the oldest inhabited city in the world situated on the banks of River Mother Ganges
- Known for pilgrimage, death and mourning in Hindu religion, Also a city of Lord Shiva.
- Become part of life in the narrow lanes with thriving businesses and rich culture
- Walk around the whole day on the Ghats: Assi Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Dashwamedh Ghat where the visual around changes every minute
- Visit Sarnath where Buddha taught his first discourse
- A Stupa built by King Ashoka the Great.